Yes ladies and gentleman, another cranberry recipe. Two in one week?! What is this world coming to? In my defense, holiday baking only come’s around for a few short months before it’s all about Valentines Day and big bowls of soup.
I cherish these times when I can use Autumn’s glorious produce like cranberries, squash and brussel sprouts. So except a whole lot of it in your face at least until January. Then maybe, I’ll branch out to kale or something.
Anyway’s, let’s bring this conversation back on track. Vegan Pumpkin Bread – one of my most popular recipes on the blog and for good reason. Spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice with a tender crumb, you wouldn’t believe me if I told you eggs and milk were absent from the recipe.
This Vegan Pumpkin Bread was made almost two and half years, which means it’s in dire need of a slight makeover. I threw out the coconut sugar cuz that shiznit is expensive, replaced it with brown sugar and swapped the coconut oil for olive oil. Don’t look at me cross eyed. The olive oil gives the loaf a hint of grassiness that pairs nicely with pumpkin. You can also use vegetable oil though.
After that, I folded in some dried cranberries into the batter for a pop of brightness. But wait it gets better! Cinnamon sugar is swirled inside the batter, and dusted on top. You can never have enough cinnamon sugar, that’s my motto.
VEGAN PUMPKIN CRANBERRY CINNAMON SWIRL BREAD
- PREP TIME: 15 mins
- COOK TIME: 60 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 15 mins
Cinnamon swirl vegan pumpkin bread studded with cranberries is a homey loaf that makes your house smell amazing as it bakes.
- Serves: 1 loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour;
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour;
- 2 teaspoons baking soda;
- 1 teaspoon baking powder;
- 1 teaspoon salt;
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg;
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon;
- ½ teaspoon ginger;
- ¼ teaspoon allspice;
- 1 cup dark brown sugar;
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar;
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree;
- ⅔ cup cinnamon apple sauce;
- ¼ cup olive oil;
- ⅓ cup maple syrup;
- ⅓ cup water;
- 1 cup dried chopped cranberries.
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar;
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 10 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients through allspice.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the two sugars with the can of pumpkin until combined. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Fold the dry into the wet, until just combined. Mix in cranberries.
- Pour half the batter into the 9 by 10 loaf pan. Sprinkle the batter with the cinnamon sugar, reserving two tablespoons for the top. Pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar mixture, and smooth with the back of a spoon. Take a knife and swirl the batter. Spread remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over top.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Slice and Serve.