My parents have a few apple trees and that meant an abundance of apples every September. And so we had apple cake at least weekly and apple juice daily. Now that I live without my parents, it’s time for me to learn to bake an apple cake myself. In fact, I filmed my first attempt to do that. Take a look and try the cake yourself!
- 1 cup wheat flour;
- 1 cup oat flour;
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda;
- 1/4 cup brown sugar;
- 2 tbsp cinnamon;
- pinch of salt;
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk;
- 1 banana;
- 2-3 big apples.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mash up the banana and mix that with plant-based milk (or just blend both in the blender). Pour the mixture in the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Chop up the apples* and fold them into the batter.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper or coat it with a bit of oil. Thansfer the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes. If the top starts burning, cover with foil. Check if the cake is done with a wooden pick. Optional: serve drizzled with peanut butter.
* You can slice part of the apples and put them on top of the cake for decoration. In this case, sprinkle them with a bit of lemon juice and coat them in cinnamon.