I was planning to make some sort of pasta with cream sauce, spinach, and mushrooms when I got totally overwhelmed at that thought, realized I needed something quick, and was inspired by a pack of soba noodles in my pantry. The sauce consisted of three ingredients and it was just perfect.
Soba noodles with spinach and mushrooms
- Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
- Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
- Number of servings (yield): 2
- 2 oz soba noodles;
- 3 cups washed spinach;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 6-8 baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced;
- 1 tsp sesame oil;
- 1 tsp sambal oelek (or other hot chile sauce);
- 1 tbsp soy sauce.
- Bring plenty of water to a boil and add soba noodles. Cook 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile saute garlic in some cooking spray for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Throw spinach into hot pan and briefly toss.
- Drain water from pasta and add spinach, garlic, and mushroom mixture to the pasta pot.
- Add sesame oil, sambal oelek, and soy sauce to pasta pot as well and toss to coat and allow spinach to wilt.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.