- Timing: 15-20 min.
- Portions: 2
- Calories (without ice cream): about 470 cal/portion
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips;
- 1 1/2 cup of regular flour;
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder;
- cup of fresh milk (2.5 %);
- tablespoon of sesame (or else) oil;
- 1 big egg (lightly beaten);
- 3 tablespoons of sugar;
- pinch of salt;
- small pinch of vanila;
- a bit of saffron;
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon;
- small piece of butter (to begin);
- vanilla ice cream (to serve);
- star anise (to serve/decorate, optional).
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Add beaten egg, milk, sesame or another oil and mix everything.I personally recommend sesame oil because it gives great nutty taste. Add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, saffron, mix everyhting in. Finally add and mix in chocolate chips.
- Preheat pan with a piece of butter (you will need it only for the first time, because it is not good to heat an empty oven, later we won’t use butter even thou the pan will be dry). Grab pastry with a spoon and add to a pan, form a nice oval. Bake from both sides on a medium or lower heat. Put in a plate, don’t let cool, add a bit of ice cream and serve immediately. Enjoy 🙂