It’s like pulling off a band-aid. Saying it real fast makes it less painful. Kinda. The truth is I have 4 boys. My body is, shall we say, not quite what it used to be.
I wouldn’t change the stretch marks, c-section scar, or wider hips since they are my battle scars, so to speak, and I have 4 beautiful children as a result. I realize though that instead of looking like a mama I could look like a hot mama.
I break my meals up into 400 calories allotments. I did actually read that in a magazine once and it stuck with me. I used to just eat as little as possible and hoard my calories until the end of the day then unleash on a carton of Ben and Jerry’s because I was starving. Yeah. How’s that workin’ for ya? Not so much.
Now, I have 4-5 meals, each around 400 calories so I actually feel satisfied throughout the day. Do I have days where I fail miserably!? 3 words. Peanut Butter M&M’s. Enough said.
I’m right back to it the next day though.
I came up with this pizza when I returned from Camp Blogaway where I’d received some Roasted Red Peppers and Lemon Pesto from Roland Foods. Pesto is just a beautiful thing. Top it with cheese and roasted red peppers? Home run, people.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1 – 100 Calorie Sandwich Thin (such as Orowheat);
- 2 tablespoons pesto of your choosing;
- 1/4 grated mozzarella cheese;
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Split the sandwich thin into halves so you have two rounds. Place them on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto onto each. Top evenly with a couple of tablespoons of cheese on each then top with the chopped red peppers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Enjoy immediately.