This quinoa tabbouleh is a very quick and easy meal to make. It’s nice to have it as a side dish with meat or fish or you can just have it on its own. Quinoa tabbouleh can be stored in the fridge overnight and it’s still delicious, so I always make more of it and save some for the next day’s lunch.
You can make this salad with any fresh or cooked vegetables you like. It’s a good opportunity to use up leftovers from the fridge. I hate food being wasted so always look for ways to use leftovers.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 100 g quinoa;
- 300 ml vegetable stock;
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved;
- 100 g cucumber, chopped into small pieces;
- 10 green olives, halved;
- 25 g spring onions, finely chopped;
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped;
- handful of fresh mint, chopped.
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil;
- juice of 1/2 a lemon;
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard;
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground coriander;
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Rinse the quinoa under the cold water and drain well. Add quinoa to the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is light and fluffy.
- Place all the chopped vegetables and herbs in a mixing bowl and add quinoa once it has cooled.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing into the mixing bowl and stir everything through.