Sweet late season peaches are embraced by cinnamon and vanilla cake; a brown sugar glaze makes the best possible finish. Here’s to holding on to summer’s bounty (and beginning the week with cake for breakfast!).
- Yield: 16 servings
- Calories: 215 (per slice)
- Carbs: 38
- 2 3/4 cups flour;
- 2 tsp baking soda;
- 1 tsp baking powder;
- 1 tsp cinnamon;
- pinch of nutmeg;
- 1/4 tsp salt;
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature;
- 1/2 cup sugar;
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar;
- 2 tsp vanilla extract;
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature;
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt, at room temperature;
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature;
- 2 cups diced peaches, tossed with 2 Tbsp flour.
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 Tbsp butter;
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk;
- pinch of sea salt;
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon;
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar;
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat a 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Whisk together yogurt and buttermilk in a small bowl. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture (begin and end with flour mixture). Beat just until smooth. Fold in peaches.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 45 minutes, or until cake begins to pull away from edges of pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine butter, milk, and sea salt in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk in cinnamon and brown sugar until melted; whisk in powdered sugar. Set rack with bundt cake over a piece of wax paper and drizzle with glaze; let set before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days; serve warm.