A cookie inside a cookie. What could possibly be wrong with that concept?
Yield: 18 cookies
- 5 tablespoons Earth Balance margarine;
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar;
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar;
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract;
- 1 Ener-g egg replacer;
- 1 cup all-purpose flour;
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda;
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt;
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder;
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar;
- 5 oreo-style cookies, cut in half, then cut in thirds;
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat margarine and sugars together until creamy. Add “egg”, vanilla, beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Add flour mix to margarine mix, combine well.
- Add oreo pieces and chocolate chips with your hands, being careful not to crush oreo pieces too much.
- Form into balls, 1 1/2 tablespoons worth of dough per cookie. Pat them down just a little.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are brown.
- Let cool on sheet for a few minutes before attempting to remove. Place on cooling rack.