Since Thanksgiving is next week, I am sharing one of my favorite Thanksgiving pie recipes: Holiday Oatmeal Chocolate Pecan Pie. It’s super easy, fantastic and is the perfect holiday dessert. You only need 15 minutes of hands-on time. Adding Oatmeal to this pie makes this recipe a little bit healthier and enhances the texture. Feel free to use dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet if you wish.
Trust me, you will love this Thanksgiving dessert (consider making two and freeze one or give it as a gift). Have a great day and thank you for following!
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Times: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Cooking spray;
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury);
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar;
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup;
- 2 eggs lightly beaten;
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract;
- 2/3 cup regular oats;
- 1/2 teaspoon salt;
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans;
- 1/3 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Crimp edges as desired.
- Combine brown sugar and next 5 ingredients, stirring well with a wire whisk. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Bake for 325F for 45 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.