I started looking for new flavors recently and this is how this recipe was born. Peanut butter and coconut cream gives it a creamy and subtly sweet tastes which goes really well with the spiciness of the chili. You can really customize this dish to your taste. Add more or less chili to adjust spiciness. Also, add more veggies. Carrots or mushrooms would work well.
- 100 g udon noodles*;
- 1 cup shreded cabbage;
- 1 block tofu (150 g);
- around 10 spears baby corn;
- 2 tbsp peanut butter;
- 4 tbsp coconut cream;
- 1 tbsp chili flakes**.
- Cube up the tofu, slice baby corn into around 1/2 cm pieces.
- Heat up a pan and fry the tofu until it turns golden on all sides. Then, add baby corn and cabbage.
- Boil the noodles according to package instructions.
- Warm up the peanut butter in the microwawe for 30 seconds. Mix it with coconut cream and chili flakes. Add 3-4 tbsp of water so the sauce becomes runnier.
- When the cabbage softens, add the noodles and sauce to the pan and mix well.