- Timing: Preparation: 15 min., Freeze pastry: 1 val., Baking: 40 min.
- Portions: 6 individual pies
- Calories: 375 cal per portion
- 80 g (2.8 oz) butter;
- 5 tbspns of sugar;
- Pinch of salt;
- 1 cup of regular four;
- 2 tbpsns of cold water;
- + flour for rolling.
- 400 g (14 oz) apples and pears;
- 3 tbspns of sugar;
- Pinch of cinamon;
- 25 g (0.8 oz) melted butter;
- 1 tbpsns of Rum.
- 25 g (0.8 oz) cold butter;
- About 6 tbspns of regular flour;
- 5 tbpsns of sgar;
- Tspn of vanilla sugar;
- Tspn of cinamon;
- Pinch of grinded ginger.
- Prepare pie crust: combine flour, butter (cut into pieces), sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse everything untill you get crumbs. Add one spoon of water at a time, pulse. Make pastry (if it’s too sticky, you can add more flour). Put it in a fridge for at least one hour.
- Wash fruits, peel, take of seeds and cut into small pieces (if you are baking one pie, not individual, you can cut to larger pieces). Combine sugar, rum, melted butter and cinamon in a bowl, add fruits and mx everything together. Let stay a bit.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356 F) temperature. Take pie crust pastry from the fridge. Roll in on a surface, sprinkled with a flour. Roll quite enough thick pieces (because fruit filling is pretty much heavy) and put them into yout pie baskets. Bake (only pastry) for about 8 minutes.
- Prepare crumbs: combine cold butter cut into cubes, flour, cinamon, sugar and vanilla in food processor. Pulse to mix untill get nice crumbs. If they are too sticky, you can add more flour, to make it more “crumby”.
- Take off pie crusts from oven, fill with fruit filling, spirnkle on crumbles and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove, let stay a bit, take of from the pie pan and serve warm (you can also add a spoon of vanilla ice cream). Pies will be very crusty and sweat. Enjoy!