It is the perfect meal for 30 Minute Monday. And at a whooping $0.81 a serving it is a great budget saver. I like to serve it with this Mexican Vegetable Saute for a balanced, vegetarian dinner.
I do have a kid or two who aren’t big fans of these while the other two inhale them as fast as I make them. For the picky eaters I make a little quesadilla. I figure I’ve already got the cheese and tortillas out so it doesn’t make me feel like a short order chef. Either way, this meal will be on the table in no time at all!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 burritos
- 10 – 6″ flour tortillas;
- 1 – 16 oz can refried beans;
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese;
- Canola oil to fry;
- Mexican Vegetable Saute;
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil;
- 1 green bell pepper, diced;
- 1/4 cup diced onion;
- 2 cups frozen yellow corn;
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced.
- Heat 1/4″ canola oil in a pan or skillet on medium-high heat.
- In the middle of a tortilla spread 3 tblsp beans. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Roll tightly and repeat until each tortilla is filled.
- Fry until each side of the tortilla is golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately.
- Mexican Vegetable Saute
- In a large skillet preheat oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and onion. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and turn heat up to high. Cook over high heat until the corn is done, stirring frequently.
- Turn off heat and toss in the tomatoes. Mix until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with bean burritos.