Probably you will notice that this soup is a bit similiar to creamy carrot soup with curry. This time I decided to cut off potatoes and curry powder and leave only carrots and simple spices. Oh, I also served this soup with yoghurt (it may sound a bit weird, but, believe me, it’s tasty). So this soup atomaticaly gets lighter and easier to make – a great meal for late or early summer evening when you get tired of strawberries with milk (yes, you can get tired even of THAT) and fresh veggies. I crave for silk, creamy, warm soups even during the summer time.
- Timing: 10 min to prepare, 20-30 min. to cook
- Serves: 3-4
- 400 g (14 oz) carrots (washed, peeled and cutted into cubes);
- 1/2 big onion;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- few pinches of caraway or cumin;
- 1 l (4 cups) of veggie, chicken of mushroom stock;
- a bit of olive oil;
- freshly gounded pepper;
- salt (if nessecary);
- pinch of brown sugar;
- light, sugar free yoghurt.
- Bring stock almost to a boil. Add prepared carrots, set heat to medium. Chop onion, mix with garlic and caraway. Add them all to a heated oil in a pan and cook for few minutes. Add them to a soup.
- Add some pepper, sugar, salt (if needed), taste and let cook until carrots are soft. Then mix everything with electric mixer and serve together with yoghurt.