I am licking my fingers as we speak from the ice cream dripping down them. I know I said yesterday I was getting tired of chocolate chip cookie anything but I kinda forgot how good these were.
I know you’ve probably had chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches before. I’ve made them before. I go through the motions. Bake the cookies, sandwich the ice cream, freeze them. Then I grab one out to eat and break a tooth because the cookie is so darn hard and by the time it has softened up so has the ice cream which is now in a puddle on the counter which makes it two chocolate chip cookies in a puddle of ice cream. Not a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich.
Which basically saves you an emergency visit to the dentist for your “oops I broke a tooth because I was cravin some sweets and couldn’t resist this rock hard cookie.” Try explaining that to a guy who probably thinks you should limit your sweets anyway.
So whip up a batch of these. They are super easy and super delicious!
- Yield: 24 ice cream sandwiches
The original recipe for cake mix cookies is from a neighbor.
- 1 box white cake mix;
- 2 eggs;
- 1/4 cup oil;
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips;
- 4 cups chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a medium bowl mix the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Work with a spoon until it forms a dough. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Form into tablespoon size balls, place on a baking sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Set the ice cream out to soften slightly then scoop 2 heaping tablespoons onto the flat side of a cookie. Top with another cookie and place on a plate or baking sheet. Place in the freezer immediately for an hour. Store in a plastic freezer bag.