These babies were sweet. For me they were a little too sweet but before I knew it they had vanished, so I guess they weren’t too sweet for others – just don’t give them to kids or they may be bouncing off the walls until next Wednesday!
On the positive side, they literally took 4 minutes to assemble. I was amazed at how quickly they came together. They are great because you can really throw anything into them – different types of nuts, raisins, cranberries, M&Ms… anything! Maybe it’s a good thing that I wasn’t crazy about sugary sweetness of them – they were so easy to make I may fall into making them on a regular basis!
- 1 package (usually 9-10 crackers) graham cracker crumbs – about 1½ cups;
- 2 tbsp butter, melted;
- 1 tbsp water;
- ½ cup chocolate chips;
- 1/3 cup butterscotch morsels;
- ½ cup sweetened cocount;
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted;
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper (this is vital! These babies are sticky!).
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl. Add butter and water and toss with a fork until crumbs are evenly moistened. Pour layer into pan and gently level out – don’t press or compound too much.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and butterscotch chips over crumbs, then top with coconuts and pecans. Add anything else you would like to the mix! Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool completely and then cut into squares. These babies are sticky – enjoy!